31 Non Candy Easter Basket Ideas That Kids Will Love
A guide to finding the best non candy Easter basket ideas for kids.
These non candy Easter basket ideas will have your kids forgetting all about the candy that is missing this year.
The Easter Bunny is on its way to town. Easter has different meanings for everyone – but as a Mom or Dad, you know it also means elaborate egg hunts and candy-filled Easter baskets.
If you are a parent, it may be easy to just pick up a few of the store bought baskets to save time. But why not save money and create your own Easter baskets this year!
Everyone knows that the typical Easter basket is filled with chocolates and cream-filled eggs. Why not create a non-candy Easter basket this year that will actually last longer than a few hours? (You can also avoid the meltdowns that always come after the sugar high has worn off.)
Here is our list of our favorite picks for non-candy Easter baskets. The great news, these are all available on Amazon for free 2-day shipping. So they are perfect for those last minute shoppers, like myself!
Free Printable Easter Word Search
Free Easter Sight Word Game (34 Fry Words)
31 Best non candy Easter basket ideas
- Sidewalk chalk – With the summer approaching, it’s time to get your kids outside to play. Sidewalk chalk is a fun activity for all ages.
- Picasso Tiles – An award-winning activity that will keep your kiddos entertained for hours.
- Giant Bubbles – Giant bubbles are way more fun than normal-sized bubbles. Your kids will want to play with them again and again.
4. Easter PJ’s – Pajamas are always a great gift idea, and we can’t get enough of these oh-so-sweet Spring patterns.
5. Easter Books – Books are an inexpensive gift idea that can promote learning as well as fun.
6. Crayons/Colored Pencils – These are a good choice for an Easter basket filler.
7. Finger Paints – Let your kids creative side come out with some finger painting time.
8. Homemade Play Dough – Create your own non-toxic play dough to include in your baskets.
9. Coloring Books/Activity Books – These activity books will keep your kids busy throughout Easter Sunday.
10. Stuffed Animals – We love finding adorable Chick or Bunny stuffed animals for the holiday.
11. Mad Libs – You probably remember this game from your childhood. You fill in nouns, adjectives, and other forms of Grammar (way to learn while you play!) Then read your silly, crazy story.
12. Easter Legos – You can never go wrong with Legos as a gift. These are mostly mini Easter-themed Lego sets which make them perfect for your kids’ Easter baskets.
13. Bath Toys – Add to your kids’ bathroom collection and make their nightly routine more exciting.
14. Easter stamps – What kid doesn’t love stamps? This collection includes Easter-themed stamps to make the holiday more exciting.
15. UNO – Card games such as UNO, are a great, inexpensive item you can throw in your child’s Easter basket that will be sure to bring a smile to their face.
16. Easter Stickers – You can probably find Easter stickers at your local dollar store or Target, to save more money.
18. Temporary tattoos
19. Handheld Video Games – Handheld electronics are also a favorite among little ones. Check out a variety available on Amazon.
20. Toy cars
21. Pool toys – The summer is around the corner, so pool toys or beach toys will be a fun item to find in their basket.
22. Beach toys
23. Easter-themed Joke Books – This is one of my son’s favorite items to get as a gift. He LOVES joke books!
23. Micro Simon – The mini version of this popular game will be a great addition to your Easter basket.
24. Micro Bop It – Another mini version of a popular handheld game is Bop It! This keeps our boys entertained for hours.
25. Kanoodle – Have you heard of this popular brain-teaser game? This was a stocking stuffer from Christmas for my oldest son and he can’t get enough of it.
26. Hatchimals Easter Basket – Hatchimals are a big craze among young girls right now. This Easter-themed basket will be sure to light up your daughter’s eyes on Easter morning.
27. Sibling Easter shirts
28. Easter Charm Necklace – Similar to the Origami Owl necklaces, this necklace features adorable Easter charms that are perfect for the young girl in your life.
29. Evil Eye Charm bracelet – The Evil Eye is said to be caused when someone looks at you with envy, giving you bad luck. Wearing this bracelet can ward off any bad energy and bring you peace and luck.
30. Children’s Bible
31. Easter story book – A non-candy Easter basket list wouldn’t be complete without a Children’s Bible or the story of Easter.
I hope you and your family have a magical Easter this year!
Hope you enjoyed our non candy Easter basket ideas for kids! Hoppy Easter!